Terms and Conditions
Network One Travel Tickets are accepted by most bus operators, Metro, Sunderland to Blaydon rail line and the Shields ferry*. Just show your travel ticket and step on board.
When purchasing your first Network One Travel Ticket you will need to bring a current passport style photograph to the Travelcentre.
There is no limit on the number of journeys which can be made within the validity of your travel ticket - so the more journeys you make, the more money you will save!
Travelling outside the zones on your travel ticket.
You'll need to pay the single fare from the last stopping point in the area covered by your travel ticket to your final destination. This also applies if your journey crosses the boundary of Tyne and Wear.
When renewing your travel ticket always check that you have the correct zones and photocard number before you leave the Travelcentre.
Travel tickets can be renewed at any of our Travelcentres across Tyne and Wear. Your travel ticket will commence from the time and date of purchase and will remain valid until midnight on the expiry date. Travel tickets may be renewed up to three days prior to expiry, for example, a travel ticket which expires on a Saturday, may be renewed on Thursday, Friday or Saturday. These extra days will simply be added to your new travel ticket.
For your convenience, pre-dated four weekly or Annual Travel Tickets may be ordered:
- By post from Network One. Payment by cheque only. Please make cheques payable to 'Network Ticketing Ltd'.
- By telephone from the Nexus Hotline on 0191 202 0555 (Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.00pm).
- Online at www.nexus.org.uk or www.simplygo.com for payment by credit or debit card. For further information contact a member of the Network One team on 0191 276 3706.
If your travel ticket requirements change.
A travel ticket cannot be re-issued during its validity.
Simply wait until the travel ticket is due for renewal. However, if you need to change your travel ticket before it expires you will have to buy a new travel ticket and hand in the old one for a refund.
Terms and conditions of use:
- The travel ticket and accompanying photocard remain the property of Network Ticketing Ltd.
- Travel tickets are only valid when presented with a photocard bearing the same number. You must show them together whenever requested.
- Travel tickets are not transferable. They may nonly be used by the person nominated on the accompanying photocard (Day Rover Tickets do not require a photocard).
- Travel tickets are only valid within the zones shown on the travel ticket.
- A Weekly Travel Ticket is valid for 7 days, a Monthly Travel Ticket for 28 days and an Annual Travel Ticket for 365 days, all including the start date.
- Ticket holders do not have precedence over other passengers.
- Ticket holders are conveyed in accordance with the Conditions of Carriage and Passenger Regulations of the operator on whose bus, train, Metro or ferry he/she travels. In the event of misuse, both the travel ticket and photocard will be withdrawn.
- Student tickets can only be purchased when accompanied by a current Student ID Card, stating that you are a full-time student.
- Photocards must be a true likeness of the holder.
- Please read the terms and conditions in conjunction with individual Network One leaflets containing the indicative zone map.
*Annual Travel Tickets are only available from certain Travelcentres. Pick up an application form from your local Travelcentre for further information.
These are only given on surrendered travel tickets that are still valid. Either hand in your travel ticket to any local Travelcentre, or send it to: Network One Travel Tickets, Network Ticketing Ltd, Stagecoach Depot, Shields Road, Walkergate, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6 2BZ There is a standard procedure for refunds, which applies in all cases. The unused portion of a travel ticket will be refunded from the day after the travel ticket is handed into a Travelcentre or day after the date of posting. For weekly and four weekly travel tickets, this is calculated on a proportional basis using the weekly travel ticket price. Refunds are made by cheque to the travel ticket holder. An administration charge of £2.00 is made in all cases. Separate refund arrangements apply for Annual and Student Travel Tickets, please ask for details at any Travelcentre or pick up the leaflet for the relevant travel ticket.
If you lose or damage your travel ticket.
We regret that no refund or replacement can be given for lost or stolen travel tickets. If it is found and still valid, we will return it to you. So that we can do this, please remember to fill in your name and contact address on the card inside your travel ticket wallet.
Replacement travel ticket schemes are available for Annual and Student Travel Tickets, please ask for details from any Travelcentre or contact Network One. No replacement can be given for any travel ticket which has been rendered illegible due to washing, extreme heat or any other reason.
iFor further information about your ticket or the range of Network One Travel Tickets, contact any of these Travelcentres:
|Four Lane Ends||Nexus TravelShop, Metro Station|
|Gateshead||Nexus TravelShop, Heworth Metro|
|Gateshead||Nexus TravelShop, Interchange|
|Gateshead||Go North East, MetroCentre Bus Station|
|Newcastle||MetroShop, Central Station|
|Newcastle||Nexus TravelShop, Haymarket Metro|
|Newcastle||Nexus TravelShop, Monument Metro|
|North Shields||Nexus TravelShop, Metro Station|
|South Shields||Nexus TravelShop, 34-36 Fowler Street|
|Sunderland||Nexus TravelShop, Park Lane Interchange|
|Washington||Go North East, Bus Station
If you need assistance purchasing ANY of our Traveltickets, please call us on 0191 276 3706 or email us at email@example.com
For journey information, route planning or travel information contact Traveline on 0871 200 22 33* or visit www.traveline.info.
*Calls provided by BT will be charged at 10p per minute plus 6p set up fee per call. Mobile, business and other providers' charges may vary. More details of charges
Fares, Terms and Conditions
Click here for further information.